Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Renaissance Festival

Last week was busy. Grandma Carolyn came for a short visit, and helped us out by babysitting. I ended up getting caught up with everything I wanted to get done, including getting my hair done. It's finally back to my brown natural color and a little shorter..but still long. Anyway, I feel better about it. On Saturday Ted, Jared, Tess, and I went to the Ren. Festival in Bonner Springs. This year we decided to dress the parts, so the boys were dressed like pirates, while Tess and I sported wench attire. Even Brigham was dressed up like an elf or sheep or something..We all looked good, but suprisingly none of the "tourists" asked us anything, so we couldn't show off our amazing old English accents..hah!

After the festival we headed to Atchison, where we were greeted with all the folks from Lincoln. Besides the McKinney's, none of the Abel 6ers (and others) had met Brigham yet. Brent treated us with his famous smoked ribs for supper. I think everyone had a good time!

Also, during the weekend we ended up getting new bedding! We put flannel sheets on it, and we both love it!!! "It breathes well, as opposed to the 'rain tarp from Walmart' that we've been sleeping under," says Ted. I don't think I've slept this good since that spare bed at Mom and Dad's house.

1 comment:

  1. Brigham wins the costume contest with the adorable elf/sheep/thing costume!! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...