Friday, January 16, 2015

Our first week home with Max

Max is 6 days old today. I wanted to jot down a few things from our first week home with him. So far he is awesome! I couldn't ask for a better baby. Since that first night, he has continued to sleep rather well for a newborn. I got up once with him last night. And by "got up" I mean rolled over and let him nurse while I continued to sleep. It's been really nice having him in the co-sleeper right next to my side of the bed. We're all sleeping pretty great this week, even the bigger boys.

Speaking of Briggs and Finn, they are in love with their new baby. Briggs is especially proud of Max, and volunteers to hold him on the couch while I get Finn dressed or help him in the bathroom. Both boys have been going to preschool this whole week, and going out to different places around town with Grammy Carolyn.

I haven't had much time to practice my fiddle, but I did learn Mary Had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle yesterday. I'm not so much worrying about playing the correct beat as I am with just hitting the correct notes and playing a nice strong sound. I've been getting better playing the A string, which was giving me trouble last week. For some reason I had a hard time not hitting the D string with the bow at the same time.

Ted has made lots of progress on his thesis these last few days. He had many meetings with his advisor and other faculty on his committee. Sounds like things are going well, and everything is right on track to where it should be.

Ted's dad, Scott, arrived this morning. We're going to fire up the grill this afternoon and cook steaks since it's so darn nice out! Even my chickens must think it's spring, as one is laying every day again. I have a hunch that it is my young Silver Laced Wyandotte, Pretzel.

Hope to keep this blog a little bit more up-to-date this year. I noticed that the last entry besides Max's birth was from 2013! Oh my...sorry everyone.

Fare Thee Well, (I decided that this is my new farewell)
Jaylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...