Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Too many hobbies, not enough time

I really don't know why I decide to start a new hobby ever month or so, but alas, I am adding another one. I have to go pick up my hoop tomorrow! I got a sparkly, glow-in-the-dark, every color of the rainbow hula hoop that I am pumped to try out. This hoop is weighted (not intended for hoop dance necessarily) and I plan to exercise with it. So, that will be something that I can do while I'm watching the boys play outside. I tried to keep up with them on my roller blades, but I just keep crashing. For some reason, blading around was way easier when I was 10. 

Fiddling is going well. I'm learning all about the "fiddle shuffle" pattern, slurring my notes together, and practicing a G arpeggio. Some days I don't get any practice in at all, but I'm okay with that. Ted ordered me some new books with play-along cds: Lord of the Rings, Lindsey Stirling, and a bluegrassy folksy book. They will probably all be over my head, but I'm excited to look through them and give them a try.

I've been wanting to start on a needle felting project for Max (a baby mobile thingy) but I just haven't had the time. 

Fare Thee Well,
jaylyn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...