Monday, July 16, 2018

Summer days




How many moons has it been since I've updated this? Well, here I am again. Time to de-clutter some thoughts and clean the mind!
While we have been busy wrapping up (yet again) more of the land & house remodel, we've also been taking life at a slower pace this summer. The crofter's suite has turned into our daily retreat that we escape to. I've been getting some serious reading done with this new space. It feels very different than our main house, and we have mentioned several times now that we should all just move out into this tiny cabin out back! 
And, I have a clothesline again! Every time we visit upstate New York, we're reminded how lovely it is to see the Mennonite farms flying their laundry high above the gardens on wash day. We tried to mimick this and have a pulley system that goes across to one of our tall trees. And so I've rediscovered the joy of doing laundry again. Notice the kids' swimming tube they came up with. It launches you down into a splash of a pool at the end. Lots of mud, too.
We came upon a new gastrobar near our neighborhood recently. Edison's. And if you are a gin fan like myself, you'll not be disappointed in the many concoctions they have on the menu. Here we are on a happy hour date. I'm admiring a rose petal, elderflower, lavender mix, while Ted tries a spicy pepper type. Tiny dates out are a nice way to re-set for the week. 
And with that, I'm off to put kids to bed. Here's to another slow day of summer tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...