Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week 2 with Maxers

I would just like to say how awesome this week has been so far. I was a little nervous to jump into a new routine with no helpers here, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Here is a typical morning at our house....
We wake up to Max being hungry anywhere between 7-7:30am. The boys hear noises and come climb into our bed and snuggle for awhile before I say, "We HAVE GOT to get up and get ready to GOO!! It's already 8!!" So then we throw some clothes on Briggs and Finn, pour them bowls of cereal, and try to get ourselves dressed and eat breakfast at the same time. Then it's out the door with all 5 of us.
We drop off Ted at the lab so he can write all morning. From there, I either drive Finn to school if it's a Tues. or Thurs. or we come back home and figure out what kid activity is going on downtown. Finn gets picked up at noon, and then we have lunch and naps. Or if it's a Mon/Wed/Fri I have to drop off Briggs at school at 1pm, and then we come home for naps until we have to pick him up at 4:30.
Naptime...my favorite time of the day:) Ted is usually home by this time, so we sometimes get our dishes done during nap time. I sometimes lay down for a half hour, then get up and practice fiddling for 15 minutes. My teacher told me to practice in little spurts so I don't learn something wrong and then have to re-learn it at our next lesson. This week I'm really working on my left hand and finger positions. It's very difficult to focus on so many things at the same time, but it was encouraging to hear my teacher say that I had perfected my right bow hand since we last met.
Our evenings are fairly chill. This week, our church has been bringing us meals which has been a huge blessing. We've enjoyed tacos and chicken alfredo leftovers for our lunches too. Then we usually watch a movie in our jammies and tuck the boys in to bed. Ted and I get to read our books and hang out after Max goes to bed. And he's been getting up usually twice during the night, which isn't too bad.

Max had a weight check today. He is 9lbs. 4.5 oz. That's quite a bit since a week ago when he was down to 7lb 14oz. I guess you can say he's a good eater!
Yesterday both Ted and I participated with Briggs at preschool. We were exhausted (except Max, who slept the entire 4 hours) after we had spent the afternoon with a group of 20-some preschoolers. Those teachers deserve a raise!
Finn started off this week being grouchy, but has gotten happier since. I think he's finally realizing that this baby is here to stay. On the other hand, his teachers at school say he's been a real sweetheart this week.
I was able to get a massage one night this week. It's just so nice to be able to lay flat on my stomach again. I came back home feeling fuzzy-brained and floaty.
Ted tried to launch another rocket engine this evening, but ran out of igniters before he could light it.
The gnome below is a piece that I'm entering in the Love Show at the Percolator in February. I finished his eyebrows today, and he's ready to go!
Fare Thee Well,
Jaylyn
Needle felted love gnome, made from wool and pipe cleaner




No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...