Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Week 2015

It has been a pretty uneventful week so far. It mostly consisted of driving kids back and forth between home and school. We did manage to have an awesome Indian night this week for dinner, and made 2 types of curry and garlic naan.

Yesterday Ted and I were participating in Finn's classroom. It was their Valentine's Day party, so I planned the snack around red and pink colors. Putting the trail mix in separate little baggies for each kid seemed like a good idea...until every single one of them dumped the bags out on the tables, and all of the contents were crunched all over the floor. Giving each one a smoothie in a little dixie cup also seemed like a good idea...until they all squished their cups so hard that somehow it all landed on the floor too. It was a crazy morning, and I came home pretty frazzled and had to lay down for the rest of the afternoon. Surprisingly,  2 1/2 is one of my favorite ages...but managing 18 of them at the same time seems insane to me!

I witnessed a very heart-melting moment this morning. We were driving home from the grocery store when I looked in the rear view mirror, only to discover all three boys were sound asleep in their carseats:) Which is why I decided to keep Briggs home from school this afternoon so that he could take a proper nap. We're going to stop by the school after he's awake so that he can drop off his Valentine's, and collect his envelope of cards.

I still need to get some fiddle practice in today, so that is what I have on my next to do list.

Fare Thee Well,
jaylyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...