Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mardi Gras 2015

I'm feeling like every day we have a full schedule ahead of us. This morning we woke up to a blanket of snow covering everything.Very pretty and super quiet outside this morning! Like usual, we rushed to get Finn ready for school. In addition, I decided that today I was going to start running again, so I had to load up the other boys too. After dropping Finn off, we went to the gym and M and B stayed in the newly remodeled day care. It's nice! I can't remember when exactly I stopped running, but it was at least back in September sometime. I got a (slow) mile in, but I was satisfied with that. I'm going to try to go on morning school days since we're already out anyway.

At noon there was a large group of Lawrencians that made their way down Mass Street for Mardi Gras. Most were wearing wigs, costumes, and playing an instrument of some sort. Others just danced and handed out beads and candy. It was something to see!

My fiddle lesson was cancelled today due to the weather. So instead, I had a relaxing trip to the grocery store to load up on fruits and veggies. All this cold dead weather is really making me crave fresh garden food. Also, I'm really sick of soup...

Ted took the boys swimming this afternoon. Finn swam a little bit without a life jacket on. And Briggs did a running jump into the water. It seems like they are both getting more comfortable.

Today I asked Briggs what he would like to do for a job someday. He told me he wants to make swords that can chop a lot of wood.

Isn't this little dude awesome?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Morehice Meet-up

It's a new year, and I do feel refreshed and energized! I think that's partly due to this past week of reflection, rest...